Car Raffle: 1928 Ford Model A
$50 per ticket or 5 for $200
Drawing to be held November 20, 2018, 12:00 pm
Official Car Raffle Rules
Fundraiser for Fair Play Camp School
- Must be 18 years or older to purchase or participate in this raffle.
- Void where prohibited
- Agree to abide by all of the rules and conditions contained herein, as well as all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Agree to release Fair Play Camp School, its directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability with respect to all aspects of the raffle including, but not limited to, the selection process.
- Fair Play Camp School and thrift store directors, officers, agents and employees, their spouses and children are prohibited from participating.
2. Ticket Purchases
- Ticket purchase price $50 each or 5 for $200 (U.S. funds only).
- No limit on the number of tickets you can purchase.
- No more than 1,000 tickets will be sold.
- Ticket purchases are not a tax-deductible contribution under current IRS regulations. For complete information, the purchaser should consult their tax advisor.
- Purchaser of raffle ticket(s) must have their name, address and phone number legibly entered on each ticket. If more than one name is listed on the ticket, the first name listed shall be considered the “entrant”.
- Entrant shall retain their ticket stub. In the event of any dispute or controversy concerning the winner of the drawing, entrant will be required to produce their raffle ticket stub.
- One (1) prize will be awarded.
- If fewer than 300 tickets are sold, all raffle tickets purchased will be returned.
- 1928 Ford Model A, 2D Sedan
- Winner accepts the car in AS-IS condition, no warranty on the car, its mechanical functions or repairs are implied or expressed.
- The official drawing will be held at 12:00 pm, on Tuesday, November 20, 2018, at the Fair Play Camp School location
- Need not be present to win.
- Successive alternate backup winners will be drawn and held by Fair Play Camp School but not announced in case the first winner does not claim the car in 30 days, is deceased, or is otherwise ineligible.
- If winner is not present at time of drawing, winner will be notified by phone or by mail based on the information received on the ticket.
- Winner will allow Fair Play Camp School to use their name, likeness, and any statements made by them regarding the prize for advertising or publicity purposes without compensation.
6. Taxes and Other Costs
- All tax obligations, including withholdings on cash prizes are the sole responsibility of prize winner. The winner is responsible for any taxes, license, registration, insurance or fees associated with prize won.
- Winner is responsible for federal income tax implications based on the fair market value of the vehicle.
- W-2G Federal Tax Form will be issued to the winner. The winner will be required to provide Fair Play Camp School with a valid social security number and must complete all IRS and similar forms requested by Fair Play Camp School prior to delivery of the prize. Failure to do so within 30 days of request shall result in an automatic forfeiture of such winner’s prize.
7. Awarding of Prize
- The winner must take possession of the car as soon as possible after the drawing, but no later than December 20, 2018. In order to transfer title the winner must satisfy all state and federal income tax implications from winning the car.
- All proceeds, less the prize and expenses, benefit the Fair Play Camp School to help pay for the purchase of the new property.
- Fair Play Camp School expressly warrants that the winner shall receive good and marketable title to the car, free and clear of all liens and encumbrances. The foregoing warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other express and implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose which hereby are expressly disclaimed.
10. Limitations of Liability
- In no event shall Fair Play Camp School’s liability under any terms or provisions of these rules, or otherwise in connection with the performance of the car, exceed the purchase price of a raffle ticket. Fair Play Camp School shall not be subject to any other obligations or liabilities whether arising out of breach of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or other theories of law, with respect to the car. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Fair Play Camp School specifically disclaims any liability for property or personal injury damages.
The decision of Fair Play Camp School shall be final in all matters concerning the raffle. The raffle is subject to the laws of the State of South Carolina. Void where prohibited by law.
Fair Play Camp School, 347 Wilderness Trail, Westminster, SC 29693